Find another programme
Serious sport coaching! Worth is the newest addition to our excellent Sport and English centres alongside Seaford, Clayesmore and Oundle. If you are into sport and want to improve your English while doing what you love then these are the programmes for you.
Very simply you have 15 hours of sport coaching each week, and 15 hours of English courses. All the sport coaching is in English, of course. All levels of sporting ability are catered for, and the coaching is always of the highest quality. This is what makes these programmes special: High-level coaching for all levels of ability. Worth centre is the closest of all centres to Gatwick airport.
Things to know about sport and English:
- Can I choose my sport? Yes! You can do one sport one week and another sport another week.
- Do I have to take English? No! If you have a really high level of English or you prefer learning by doing, some sports or combinations of sports are available all day long.
- Who is it for? This is a great programme for active kids. A few hours of sport normally tires everyone out!
- English classes are not always held in the mornings. Depending on your level and what's been organised for the week you may do sport in the mornings. Unfortunately we won't know your schedule before you arrive.
- Football is also available for girls :) 16 years max.
- There are activities every evening and excursions during the week and at the weekend.
- There's a nurse on site and supervision is 24/7
- Rooms are mixed to avoid kids of the same language sharing
- There's an English level test to complete before starting
- There's a limit on the nationality percentages at camp. No one nationality/language dominates
English language lessons
Learning English in a fun environment is a fundamental part of this summer camp. All eNglish teachers are professionals, fully trained, fully qualified with experience of working with young learners. Don't expect classes to be like they are at school. You'll still cover grammar, reading, writing but there's also a focus in communication and fun. You'll be placed in the class that's right for your level - and if you make fast improvement, you can always move!
The sports options are for everyone regardless of level. Beginner to experts, they've seen it all. The facilities are excellent and the focus is on improving while having fun.
The Football option is run is association with Arsenal (the premier league club..) so there's always an Arsenal coach running training with help from local certified coaches. This is one of the very few programmes to offer the Arsenal Soccer School programme! Also available for girls aged up to 16.
The rugby option gives you a great new perspective into the game - though no beginners here. You need to have played a little first.
The dance programme covers all styles EXCEPT classical dance. No ballet!
Horse-riding stables are just a drive away.
For anyone staying more than 1 week (2-3 weeks is normal) there are 2 full-day excursions every weekend. One will be a city excursion with a cultural element - to Brighton, for example, and the other a theme park visit. You’ll travel to and from different places by bus, supervised by one staff member for every 6 – 10 students, depending on the age of the group.
Every evening a range on entertainment is planned. Karaoke, quizzes and a Friday night disco. Games are also organised outdoors so you can play with your coach – or against them! Younger students stay on campus throughout their stay, while older students (15 – 16 years old) have a bit more freedom and can go on supervised excursions, such as to the cinema or bowling mid-week.
Worth is located relatively close to Gatwick airport (about 25 minutes away) and between London and Brighton. Throughout the year it's a top boarding school and as a result has excellent facilites for students to enjoy. Artificial football pitches, tennis courts, and wi-fi. NB: No swimming pool!
Arrivals and Departures
Students are welcomed and transferred in groups to and from airports and train stations. If you arrive outside of a pre-arranged arrival time, an additional cost will be incurred as a private taxi must be organised. There are several transfers during day, but delays do occur occasionally. If you really don't want your child to wait at all, pay for a private transfer, but it's a very expensive option for not much gain.
Transfers from and to:
- Airports: Heathrow (LHR) ou Gatwick (LGW)
- Train station: St Pancras
£80 one-way : £160 return
Out of hours private transfers:
*Please book flights within the specified arrival times.
NB: in accordance with UK Border Control rules and regulations, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst in the airport/international station. Therefore, if your child’s flight/train departure time is booked outside of standard transfer times, Out Of Hours Transfer fees will apply. Either someone from the school, the airline or you must be with them. Students cannot be in the airport by themselves outside of the transfer times.
- Arrivals Sundays 10:00 to 15:00
- Departures Saturdays 12:00 to 17:00
- *NB - These are take-off and landing times of the aircraft (train arrival/departure)!
Outside these times you're billed for a private transfer.
|The information above is for example purposes only.|