Learn a foreign language in the country where it's spoken. Travel, learn and be doubly enriched. That's Language Travel or Language Study Abroad.
Simply put, language travel encompasses a raft of ways of learning or mastering a new language by living in the country of that language. Whether it's enrolling at an expert language school for a general course, or perhaps an exam preparation course or even one that is aimed specifically at improving your language ability for your career you will not only improve your language skills but you are almost guaranteed the experience of a lifetime. You might not even go to a language school for long, perhaps getting involved in a volunteer programme instead, but the aim is the same: getting better at your chosen language.
They say that very time you learn a language you are human again, and Language Study Abroad lets you experience exactly this. Instead of simply visiting the country, passing through and seeing it from the outside like a regular tourist, you instead experience it from the inside, becoming part of the country for a while. By being in this total immersion situation, but with the structure of a language school classes as your base it's like being a local. This means you'll be getting to know the people and the way they think as your language ability grows as well as learning the culture. Every conversation you have is a mini language lesson and a cultural one, too.
People of all ages travel to learn languages; to get better jobs when they return, to work as au pair or demi-pair, to do internships for work experience in a different language, to go to university or undertake university preparation courses for later study or simply to have fun: learning a language while learning to surf or play golf or ride a horse or bake a cake!
Whatever the reason there's a world of adventure and new experiences just waiting there for you.
5 reasons to do Language Study Abroad
- You will meet people from all over the world just like yourself
- You'll get to meet locals and get a deeper understanding and appreciation for their culture and way of life.
- You'll see the places that only locals get to see
- You will grow and learn, and be influenced
- You will learn to speak a new language - the greatest gift of all.
6 reasons why you should go to an accredited language school
- you have the benefit of qualified and experienced teachers who make learning the language fun and fast - much faster than if you just went to the country alone.
- have the security of organised accommodation
- can ask someone for help and guidance for the best things to do
- get picked up at the airport when you arrive!
- internationally recognised diplomas and exam certificate courses.
- because it's fun.
7 reasons why you should book with Aventure Linguistique:
- Original school price direct - no mark up!
- you pay the price advertised by the school, no mark up. Pay exactly the same prices you would if you booked directly with the school (but with all the advantages we offer - for free!)
- So... the basic price = the lowest price.
- You are billed in the original currency which is then converted to Swiss francs or Euro only when you are ready to pay. This means you pay the most accurate converted price - and not a price in CHF or euro that was set at the start of the year and massively inflated to cover exchange rate fluctuations (and that conveniently hides the real school price)
- Local legal protection - more important than you think
- get all the legal protection that booking with a local agent provides
- don't find yourself stranded somewhere without support - or recourse!
- Everything in your language
- receive English language conselling
- receive documentation
- Result... always know what to expect clearly and completely
- Enjoy the benefits of the most experienced language travel agency in Swiss-Romande
- our counsellors have visited almost every one of our schools (unlike some of the competition)
- our counsellors have all done at least one (if not more) study abroad trip
- our counsellors have travelled widely in most of the countries where we have schools
- our staff boasts:
- an ex-director of a language school,
- an ex-manager of the accommodation department of a language school,
- an ex-English teacher of 15 years experience,
- two counsellors with 14 years language travel counselling experience EACH
- ... we might be small but we know what we're talking about
- The best choice of schools
- Accredited, independent schools that we know - well. Schools that want to work with us.
- Do you know what Points of Excellence are, for example? It's our job to know...
- Constant contact
- Receive our support before, and during your study abroad experience. Don't be alone. We're here to help.
So there you go. What are you waiting for?
Many years ago, shortly after the Berlin Wall had come down, when Germany unification had just arrived and the juggernaut German economy was already dominating Europe, the brilliant British author Will Self wrote a short story that (in brief) touched on the fears of all British at that time -...
At some point in the near future spanish will be the most spoken language in the United States.It's already the second most widely spoken language in the country.
Always wanted to improve your French, but just couldn't get the time of the find the motivation to to stick with CDs or on-line courses? Total immersion French courses in France or french-speaking countries are the answer to your problem.
Is Italian the most beautiful of languages? As a romance language it would have to be the most admired.And most people have heard about the book, and the film in which learning Italian was an integral part of the character's life journey.
Learn Portuguese abroad by going to a specialist language school! There is no better way to learn a language than by immersing yourself in the culture and language of the country.
Some say that it is the hardest langauge in the world to learn, right up there with Czech and Chinese.At the same time it's a beautiful language, rich in history with perhaps the most important literary canon outside of English.